What do you get when you cross a muffler and an exhaust system? A car! And if it’s not running at its best, then it needs repair. But who can help? Good question. At RPM Automotive we’re experts in mufflers repairs and exhaust systems, and we’re ready to provide the service that your vehicle needs. From new Mufflers to servicing your exhaust pipes, our team is here for you 24 hours a day 7 days a week to keep your car on the road so that you can enjoy all of the freedom it offers. Stop by today or give us a call now for more information about how we can service your Muffler and Exhaust system!
What is a muffler and why do you need one?
If you’re like me, then your car is one of the best investments you’ve ever made. It’s a great way to get around town and it never complains about being stuck in traffic or having its head out on a cold day.
But while we love our cars, sometimes they can be really loud. The engine noise alone can be really annoying! That’s why mufflers were invented for cars. Mufflers are designed to reduce the noise coming from the engine by directing exhaust gases away from the cabin of your vehicle.
Mufflers also have another important function as well: they help control emissions that come from burning fuel in an internal combustion engine. So not only do mufflers make driving more pleasant, but they also play an important role in controlling your car’s exhaust.
Signs of needing a muffler repair
If you’re reading this, odds are your car is showing signs of muffler and/or exhaust problems and should take your car to your local mechanic as soon as possible. Here are Signs that indicate the need for a replacement:
- Excessive noise
- A decrease in fuel efficiency
- Burning smell coming from the engine
Your exhaust smells like burnt rubber when your car is running.
- Engine light on the dashboard is illuminated with a “check engine” message
- You hear metallic sounds when you accelerate your vehicle or decelerate it
- Your car shakes violently when you are driving at high speeds and then slows down abruptly
The “check engine” light has been on for a while now and it’s time to take it in to get checked out.
The time and cost of an exhaust system
There are a number of reasons as to why it’s so important for your car or truck to have regular service. For instance, if you hear loud noises coming from the engine during acceleration then that could be indicative that there is something wrong with one or more components in your muffler/exhaust system. The sooner this issue can be identified before any major damages occur, the better off you will be because replacing these parts doesn’t come cheap! Also keep in mind some states require emissions testing when registering vehicles which means checking up on current laws beforehand might save both money and hassle down the line
Tips for keeping your car running smoothly after getting it repaired
After getting your car repaired, you want to make sure it stays running smoothly. Here are some tips for how to get the most out of your repairs and keep your car running great:
- Keep up with the maintenance schedule- A lot can happen in between oil changes, tire rotations, air filter replacements, etc. Make sure that these important tasks stay on time so that there is less chance of wear and tear on any parts.
- One tip is to change your oil every 3,000 miles or so because if you wait too long between changes then gunk will build up in your engine which means more wear on parts like gaskets and seals – plus it could cause leaks which will lead to
- Be careful about driving habits- If you’re one of those people who does a lot of stop and go driving or has a heavy foot when accelerating from a stop sign, this could be causing unnecessary wear and tear on your vehicle’s engine.
- Be sure to change out old filters and fluids before driving again
- Have a professional check out any new noises or vibrations in your car after getting it repaired if they are still present after two weeks of regular use
How long does a muffler last?
It depends. If you have an older car with original equipment, it may not be worth the money to replace your muffler. In the past, it was believed that a muffler would last about 40-80k miles in most cases. Nowadays, with improved technology and better materials, we can safely double that number. The newer cars are designed to work for much longer and need more frequent replacements. A good rule of thumb is that if the noise from your exhaust is so loud, you can hear it inside your house or in another building on the same property, then it could be time for a new muffler.
Can I drive a car with a broken muffler?
It’s one of those questions that you never think about until it happens to you. But the answer is yes. So long as your exhaust system isn’t compromised, and your muffler doesn’t have holes in it, then you can keep driving without any issue! You may notice some decreased performance or increased noise levels, but there shouldn’t be any safety issues at all. If you want to know more about how this works or need help repairing your muffler system, contact us today for an appointment. We’ll get back to you ASAP!
Your car’s muffler can’t be fixed without the right tools and expertise. But if you’re noticing some of these signs, it might be time to get your muffler repaired in Prairie du Chien WI. When a bad noise is coming from under your hood after accelerating or decelerating quickly- this could mean that there is an obstruction inside the exhaust pipe which needs to be removed by our team at Muffler Repair in Prairie Du Chien, WI for proper repair. If when turning on your headlights they flicker- this means that one of the wires has popped off or been disconnected behind the headlight assembly due to corrosion caused by salt water exposure over time near Lake Michigan; we’ll find and fix what’s